Sunday, November 15, 2020

The peculiar problem on Lenovo Ideapad L340

 Since this took me a while to troubleshoot and also the solution is a bit weird, I feel that there is a need for me to blog it down.

Problem

Two days ago, my wife told me a problem on her laptop - Lenovo Ideapad L340. Whenever she opened to YouTube, the video played with cracked sound. 

It didn't happen to all videos but unable to predict which type causing this problem. 


Troubleshooting

1. Observation

The first thing I checked was just play some music and video on the local computer, it seems ok. 

Second thing, I checked Device Manager, the sound driver - Realtek - No exclamation mark. It is also the latest driver. 

I tried from web site other than YouTube  - the same problem!

Since this is using Chrome, I tried with Microsoft Edge and IE - still the same. 

2. Strange 

I noticed two strange phenomena :

a. If I save the video from YouTube to local disk, it can play without any crack sound.

b. If I connect headset or external speaker, there is also no cracking sound when streaming from YouTube. 


3. Conclusion

This problem occur only when streaming music from web with internal speaker. 


4. Updating

Though sound driver seems OK, I still went ahead to update again. Yet the problem remains. 

I have also download the latest driver from Lenovo and no luck. 

I did update the laptop firmware and still the same result. 


5. Solution

Clueless, I ran the Lenovo Vantage to see if there is any more update. The only one left was the display driver and it's optional. 

Anyway, since I am not sure what else to do, so I just ran the update.

And....it solved the problem after the display driver update.



Well, I am not sure why but just glad it is resolved. 


#Lenovo

#IdeaPadL340

#Soundcrack



No comments:

Index of the blog

Last Updated :   20 APRIL 2024 1. 相關文章 2. 日本作家 3. 歐美作家 4. 華人作家 5. 合輯 6. 漫畫 7. 電視/ 電影